Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I WON FIRST PLACE IN A POETRY CONTEST!!!

Here's the poem that I entered. I hope you like it. :] It's called Tragic Hero:

This is the little girl
Who had innocent dreams
Till a boy flipped her world
And she's never been the same

Eyes wide open
but filled with tears
Cheeks stained with rains
From the many years
That never came

She grew up too fast
And she can't go back
But she wants to so bad

She is a tragic hero
But her story's not done yet

What should be so simple
Who should be so naive
Is so complicated
And her knowledge runs so deep

She tries to forget
She tries to write it out
She tries to keep it in
She tries to scream and shout

But nothing ever works
There is no therapy
She's shriveling to nothing
With nothing to impede

She's a tragic hero
And her story's not done yet

She's holding it in again
She can't say anything
If she moves at all
Something will go wrong
If she doesn't move
She won't be able to move on

Her voice is lost
But comes back with a bite
And here we are again
In this redundant fight
But you know
You always know
You're right

I'm a tragic hero
and my story's not done yet

Make me
To break me
Use me
As you always do
And leave me here
Without a clue

This is the little girl
Who had innocent dreams
Till a boy flipped her world
And she's never been the same

No comments: