Saturday, November 29, 2008

My novel, the corrupted education system and TO EUROPE I GO


I've been working on my book and I'm starting to edit a lot of it. I still need to add some things that I hand wrote, but I need to edit the rest of the book first so that I'll know how to type up the hand-written things. Anywho, I've decided that I'm going to go to a junior college for two years and then transfer to a university, so that I don't have to do all the UC standards. I don't really believe in the education system we have nowadays. Everything is based on SAT scores that we hardly even study for because we only are taught to the CAHSEE tests so that the teachers don't get fired for not teaching their kids the right stuff. And it's all based on testing in general! I mean, I'm a pretty nasty test-taker, I'm good at participation and assignments and such but when it comes to test, Well... I could do better. (Oh yeah, to say this again, my books don't have horrible grammar like my blogs do. This is where I just vent without any sort of grammatical guidelines. Sorry. I know that must bug you.) Also, all the funding has been shifted to math and science, so all the artsy students are screwed. It fucking pisses me off! I want to be a novelist and the last time I did any sort of creative writing was when I was eight and we wrote stories based off of the troll doll that we were given that week from our 3rd grade teacher. It's so ridiculous. They figure that you'll just have to figure it out on your own or pay for a private school to teach you. BECAUSE I HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY. Anywho. Whatever. So I guess as long as I'm going to college, it's all good. I just really wish I could be in a more art friendly place, like in Europe. I really was supposed to be born in Britain, I just know it deep down. Every British person I've met seems to fit my personality and everything I hear about it, it's really artsy and everyone's into music and poetry and writing. The weather is great, all gray and rainy and foggy. So amazing. I love gray weather. When I'm old enough, and have enough money, first I'm gonna move to New York, and then from there, EUROPE I GO!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's cool, I've been working on a story for Nanowrimo. xD Haha, I really don't have good grammar unless it actually counts. I really want to move to either NYC or Europe when I'm older because of the different atmosphere.

MalcomAmongTheBobs said...

I know! The cultures there are great. And yeah, I really don't like grammar but hey! That's what editors are for. haha. What's Nanowrimo? I've never heard of that, and oh, dig you glasses!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment. xD And Nanowrimo was a novel writing compition for November, because it was "National Nocel Writing Month". :)

MalcomAmongTheBobs said...

oh seriously!!! Well, does working on one count XD.