Sunday, December 6, 2009

update # 1000 hahaha

I need to start making my blog more of a habit, because I keep forgetting it exists. Which is probably why it has so little views! Do you remember my mentioning of Mike? My best friend that was part of the Film class trio? Well, we're dating now. Everyone called it and I had about fifty people tell me, "I told you so!" Oh well, all of those were well worth it, because I don't understand how it was I survived not being with him. I certainly can't imagine that now. Since we were best friends for so long, we are already in love. We kind of feel that the whole time that we were best friends, we were basically dating without the kissing parts.

Becoming a couple was so natural feeling. It was like a weight was taken off of my shoulders, and I that I could breath more freely. I finally knew what my life was missing, and it was him.
Anywho, no more mushy stuff. I entered two of my poems into a poetry contest called Exposed at the Yorba Linda Public Library a few weeks ago. It was ran by the same people who did the Film Festival, which means that it was popular vote, which is why we didn't win at the film festival last year... we didn't bring enough people to vote for us. So, the day of the voting for the winner came along and everyone I knew was busy. Britt (my sister) was going to a birthday party in Irvine; my mom, step dad, grandparents, and other sister Kirsten all went to this thing called "Winter Wonderland" where they bring in real snow and have horse drawn wagons etc. So it was just Mikey and I and we didn't feel like going. I didn't want to waste my time, knowing I wasn't going to win since no one I knew would be there.

The next day at my dad's house, Britt goes on her Facebook and her friend Aaliyah posts on her facebook, "Hey Brittany! u shud tel Morgan tat she won an award 4 the art tat she entrd n the xposed contest! y didnt u guys go? i was thr!"

I just assumed I'd lose because no one I knew would be there and thus I would not have the advantage of biased voting! Winning a popular vote award without anyone I knew there is extremely flattering! That means it was based off of my work, instead of the fact that they like/dislike me. I get to pick up my award this tuesday along with my art. She didn't say what place I got, but even 3rd place gets a twenty dollar gift card. She says she thinks I got second! She doesn't remember though. I don't care. Some money is better than none at all. I'm pretty damn proud of myself, though. Not gonna lie.

No comments: