Monday, December 8, 2008

I HATE RADIOLOGISTS!!!


Okay, so I go to get my Xrays done, and it was miserable. It started out fine, but it was oh so deceiving. He even seemed like a charming old man who liked to make small talk but it started to get annoying as time went on. Yeah so it started to get annoying when i had to lay on the table to take the "average dentist checkup xrays." So, he sticks this "graham cracker sized" piece of whatever in your mouth. Have you ever stuck a horizontal graham cracker in your mouth without touching it with your tongue? Sound damn near impossible? Yeah. I know. So then we do these small plastic things that I also can't touch with my tongue or move at all that cuts into that little part between my tongue and my gums and the roof of my mouth too. He does this on each side. The back ones made me want to puke, but i forced myself not to. Anywho, then we go to the pictures. He makes me take some average pictures of my jaw and then we take these clear scoop thingies that pull my lips back into my cheeks so he can see the front of my teeth. And of course, as I do this, he walks up to my mouth with a tissue and starts "dusting" my teeth of "foreign objects." Yeah, mortifying much? Very. So then we finally take the pictures and then we have to pull each side away at a time and stick a hot mirror in my mouth that shouldn't have fit but it did some how. Finally we finish and he goes over the pictures. He decides that one of the mirror pictures isn't at the correct angle. He almost decides it's good enough but NO, that would mean it would be done and I could leave. No, we do it again, and lo and behold, he forgot to turn on the flash!! .......!@#$@%$#^&..... So we take it again and finally he's satisfied. Then I sit in the chair while he goes to check the xrays. Guess what?? We have to redo a few of them... Oh goody! And it's my favorite kind! The one's that stab my mouth! Just dandy. Yeah so we do those and yet again I can't move my tongue. FINALLY it's over and I leave. On wednesday... they get to decide whether or not I get spacers. *sigh*

No comments: