Thursday, March 25, 2010

First Place. :]


Yep, it's confirmed. My blog entry "blasphemous thinking" won first place in the prose section of my school's Creative Arts Awards Contest.
I had to read a piece of it in front of easily 80 parents with their kids, and others who participated in the contest. It was kind of awkward, because I live in an EXTREMELY Christian dominant city, so telling them I thought their god was equivalent to the Easter bunny resulted in a few glares.
Weirdly enough, when I said that sentence, someone cheered and clapped a little. Haha. I had to laugh a little bit and then continue. My whole face was red hot, and I could feel my voice shaking, but apparently no one could tell (thank god.) Afterward, some people gave me standing ovations. (none of the other winners got that) It was pretty damn awesome!

1 comment:

Jolene Warren said...

That's because you're pretty damn awesome!!