Friday, June 18, 2010

DUH-lete

I deleted my facebook today! I feel extremely accomplished, because it seemed like all the forces were working against me in my plan to not waste my time stalking people I barely know. Even the site itself tried to guilt trip me on the way out the door. If you've never de-activated your facebook before, at the top of the page are pictures of friends that you are very close with, or have talked to a lot on FB (I guess facebook stalks me, while I unintentionally stalk other people). Underneath the pictures of these people are their names with the words "will miss you!"

I had to keep reminding myself that I have all those people's phone numbers and I proceeded down the bottom of the page to click the DE-ACTIVATE button :]. It again told me some bullcrap about having to delete some application that apparently I'm the only owner of... that i've never heard of... so I did it. And finally I DUH-LETE-ED IT!!!! (delete... just proving i do know how to spell it lol).

Now I'm going to work on more important things like actually returning to writing my little philosophical blog entries and my novel. I have 190 pages so far! And I'm on the climax?? or that area anyways. I've always found that the climax was a subjective thing. I also can fiddle with my new graduation gifts: macbook pro, HP photosmart print/scan/copy printer, and camera!! (I haven't gotten the camera yet so I don't know what it's called, but I'll post that once I get it.)

Anyways, advice for all of you! If you feel like every time you're on Facebook you are on some friend of a friend's cousin's girlfriend's page looking at the trashy dress she wore to prom, I recommend you reconsider facebook altogether. Think of all the better and more productive things you could be doing instead while on the computer! It's hard, but just, you know, consider it. Unless you have no other way of keeping in contact with some far off relative or relationship partner, or something like that... just think about it.

I'm going to go do something productive! BYE :]

2 comments:

Dawn Johnson Warren said...

You've always seemed mature to me and this is another fine example. I'm excited that you'll be focusing your time and energy towards sharing your thoughts, ideas, and imagination in full scope instead of small bits and pieces like FB encourages. Good for you for recognizing your limitations and conquering them.

Your graduation pictures are beautiful! And Mike is a very handsome guy, hope we get to meet him when we come visit next month!

MalcomAmongTheBobs said...

Thank you :) And I'm sure you will end up meeting him. He practically lives at our house, especially now that it's summer again.