Sunday, July 25, 2010

College & the Future

So, I'm going to start my first day of college August 16th. I register this wednesday and I've already chosen my classes and their backups:
Monday and Wednesday I will have English - Critical Reasoning and Writing from 9-10:20, then Intermediate Algebra from 2-3:50

Tuesday and Thursday I will have Anthropology of witchcraft and religion from 10:30-11:50 (That's my fun class :]) and I will have elementary french at 1:30-3:50

That's what I want to be my schedule but my backups are still english and math just they would switch times and days. If I can't get that Anthropology class then I'm going to take econ and if I can't get French then I'm taking Italian.

I'm seriously praying I get the classes I want though because I looked up the teachers on ratemyprofessors.com and those were the ones with the best ratings. I worked my whole schedule (even my back up classes) on how good the teachers were. One thing's for sure, if you take a class, no matter how cool and interesting, a teacher can totally ruin it.

I still don't know what major I want to take though. :/ There are so many different paths that I want to take... There's my creative writing, which even if I don't pursue that as the paying job, that'll definitely be at least on the side. There's photography which is just as little pay as creative writing, along with the whole journalism idea. I'm kinda looking into history, but there's only so many things in history that I find interesting. I do love the idea of being a fashion stylist, but I feel like I would be eaten alive in that industry. I am so right-brained, and everything I love is in the creative fields, but I need a job that pays. It's like a horrible conundrum. A job that I love that pays well. Even really a job at all would be nice. The last one I was in didn't work out, and I'm looking but there really isn't anything out there that fits my expertise... which I have little of. I even tried Mcdonalds!

Well I'm crossing my fingers that something will help me find what I want... and what I can get.

No comments: